Friday 28 October 2011

Purple-icious

A colleague of OH wanted some cupcakes making to celebrate his first wedding anniversary.  His wife loved the colour purple so he wanted a purple theme to the cakes with one being decorated in a cream coloured buttercream with the number 1 on it to mark their first year of marriage.




I managed to find some lovely metallic purple cupcases which were embossed with swirls on the bottom (www.cakecraftworld.com) and some beautiful lilac glitter (£1.94).  I already have a dark purple glitter which I don't get much opportunity to use, but this was the perfect time to dig it out.

Half the cakes were vanilla sponge and the other half were red velvet.  Typically the red velvet cakes have a cream cheese frosting on top which compliments the sponge really well but I was asked to do buttercream on all of them.

I coloured the buttercream a purple / lilac colour and decorated with hearts and flowers.  I think the overall look came out well and I hope they were pleased with them.


No comments:

Post a Comment