Tuesday 15 March 2011

Cupcake Wrappers

I decided to put some of the cakes for the christening in cupcake wrappers.......How expensive are cupcake wrappers???!!!  Very is the answer!!

I decided to have a go at making my own, and to be honest, I'm pretty pleased with the results and have saved myself a fortune!!

The white ones were made by cutting out doilies and simply gluing along the edge to join and placing a few crystals on for a bit of sparkle.  The stripy ones were made out of piece of card I bought from Hobbycraft for £1.45 and I got 5 out of it.  I just drew a template shape and then cut out and then 'borrowed' some of my niece's crimping scissors to make a patterned edge along the top.  When a friend popped over for a cup of tea, she was looking at them and thought that I had bought them which was nice.  I think they look great and I shall be using them on Sunday.

Cut along where the pattern ends on the doilie
then crimp along the top edge if you want to
Stripy card bought from Hobbycraft & then crimped along the top
Add on stick on jewels for a bit of sparkle!

No comments:

Post a Comment