Thursday 3 March 2011

Quiet on the Cake Front

The next few months were a bit quiet in terms of making a specific cake for someone, so I practiced my cupcake skills, doing different flavour & practicing techniques for the buttercream toppings & making miniature versions of cakes.  I also discovered edible glitter!!!!  How fabulous!!!


Mini Cream Victoria Sponges

Strawberry Cream Sponge Cake

Vanilla Cupcakes

Double Choc Chip Muffins

Whoopie Pies!

My husband's office at the time were also taking it in turns to bring a 'treat' in for everyone in the office...they all got a lot of chocolate muffins and lemon cupcakes!  I had discovered the Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook and a lot of cupcakes have been made from it since.  The recipes are great and very easy to follow and every cake turns out delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment