Friday 4 March 2011

Thomas' Baby Dinosaur

Am very tired this morning after completing Thomas' birthday cake.....a Baby Dinosaur!!  I still have 24 cupcakes to make & ice on Saturday night but at least the main cake is done and sealed.  (Once covered in icing cakes should keep for up to a week)

I used my very expensive dome shaped silicon mould to create the balls used for the head (2 half balls sandwiched together to create a ball).  Silicon bakeware is not all its cracked up to be in my opinion, the cake is meant to come out cleanly from the mould....not in my case, it nearly always sticks!  Even with using a cake glide mixture wiped round the mould, it was still a little tricky to get the cake out, but I managed it.

I was not entirely happy with the dinosaur arms, but I didn't think it was a bad effort and five hours later this is the end result........




No comments:

Post a Comment